Two top SEC West contenders, Texas A&M and No. 11 Alabama, are set to clash in the highly anticipated SEC on CBS Game of the Week this Saturday. Both teams faced setbacks in Week 2 nonconference losses, but they’ve since bounced back, setting the stage for this crucial Week 6 showdown, which could impact the College Football Playoff race.
Alabama, after reinstating Jalen Milroe as quarterback, has shown improvement with wins against Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Texas A&M, on the other hand, recovered from their Week 2 loss at Miami with impressive victories over Louisiana-Monroe, Auburn, and Arkansas. Their defense was particularly noteworthy in the win against Arkansas, limiting them to 174 total yards.
When coaching giants like Nick Saban (Alabama) and Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M) face off, sparks always fly. The history between these teams adds to the excitement, especially recalling the stunning upset in 2021 when Texas A&M defeated the No. 1 Crimson Tide at Kyle Field.
How to watch Alabama vs. Texas A&M live:
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 7
- Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Location: Kyle Field — College Station, Texas
- TV: CBS
- Live stream: CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App (Free)
- Streaming on Paramount+ with Showtime: (Try It Free)
- Kyle Field Rematch: This matchup marks the first meeting at Kyle Field since 2021, when Texas A&M pulled off a historic upset against the Crimson Tide, handing Alabama its first loss against an unranked opponent since 2007.
- Quarterbacks Under Scrutiny: Both quarterbacks, Milroe for Alabama and Johnson for Texas A&M, have something to prove. A win for Milroe could reshape perceptions about his leadership, while Johnson aims to guide the Aggies to victory and establish himself as a reliable starter in the SEC West title hunt.
- Special Teams: Special teams play a crucial role, with Alabama’s Will Reichard boasting a perfect field goal record and Texas A&M’s Ainias Smith showcasing explosiveness with a punt return touchdown in their recent victory over Arkansas.
Prediction and Picks: Considering their defensive prowess and evolving offensive strategies, expect a closely contested game with limited scoring opportunities. Last season’s low-scoring affair between these teams suggests a similar outcome this time. The game might be decided by defensive plays and special teams, making it a nail-biting clash to watch.