Colorado and Arizona State are gearing up for their final showdown as Pac-12 rivals in Week 6 before their big move to the Big 12 in the 2024 college football season. Both teams are hungry for a conference victory after stumbling with 0-2 starts in conference play this season. With the midway point of the season approaching, the pressure is on for one of them to break the losing streak.
Colorado, initially in the spotlight after a strong 3-0 start, faced setbacks with back-to-back losses. They’re looking to bounce back against Arizona State, who themselves have lost four consecutive games, including defeats against USC and Cal. Despite Arizona State’s recent struggles, they have an edge in the historical matchup, having won the last two meetings. However, this time, the Buffaloes are favored to win.
Here’s what you need to know before Colorado and Arizona State wrap up their Pac-12 chapter at Mountain America Stadium in Tempe, Arizona:
How to watch Colorado vs. Arizona State live:
- Date: Saturday, October 7
- Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
- Location: Mountain America Stadium — Tempe, Arizona
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Live stream: fubo (Try for free)
- Portal Powers: Both Arizona State and Colorado underwent significant changes in personnel, utilizing the transfer portal extensively. Colorado led all FBS teams with 51 portal additions, while Arizona State was close behind with 31. This unconventional approach to roster building could set a trend in college football.
- Adversity for Sun Devils: Arizona State faced challenges early on, including a self-imposed bowl ban due to alleged NCAA violations and injuries affecting key players. The quarterback position, in particular, has been hit hard by injuries, leaving the Sun Devils with limited depth in a crucial position.
- Prime Time Hype: Colorado, led by Coach Deion Sanders, gained attention with their strong start. However, recent losses and injuries to key players have dampened the initial excitement. The Buffaloes need a win against Arizona State to regain momentum.
Prediction and Picks: Colorado is undoubtedly more talented than Arizona State, but their struggling defense raises concerns. While Colorado is expected to cover the spread, the victory might not come as easily as anticipated. Expect a competitive game where the Buffaloes triumph but face challenges against an adversity-prone Sun Devils squad.